Martin Shkreli leaks unreleased Wu-Tang Clan album after Trump wins the presidency

A hidden gem in the sh*tstorm of this election

%28Kyleigh+Pitcher%2FFlickr%29
(Kyleigh Pitcher/Flickr)

(Kyleigh Pitcher/Flickr)

Kyleigh Pitcher

Kyleigh Pitcher

(Kyleigh Pitcher/Flickr)

Alexandra Pigeon, Entertainment Editor

Many American citizens and people across the world are filled with confusion, anger and despair after Donald Trump was elected as the next president of the United States — but if one good thing has come out of his victory, it’s more Wu-Tang Clan music.

Martin Shkreli, a pharmaceutical CEO often labeled as “the most unpopular man in America,” followed through on his promise to leak an unreleased Wu-Tang Clan album if Trump won the election. The sole copy of the album “Once Upon A Time In Shaolin” was purchased by Shkreli in 2015 for $2 million, with the condition that he not release it commercially for 88 years.

This is not the first crazy publicity stunt by Shkreli, as he offered Kayne West $15 million to be the sole owner of his album “The Life Of Pablo.” Shrkeli donated $2,700 to Bernie Sanders campaign after Sanders called him “the poster child of greed,” and auctioned off the chance for someone to punch him in the face.

Shkreli said he needs to negotiate to reach a deal with the Wu-Tang Clan before he can officially release the album but he streamed the intro and second track via Periscope, which can be seen on YouTube.

Email Alex at [email protected], or follow her on Twitter @pigeon_alex.

• Martin Shkreli leaks unreleased Wu-Tang Clan album after Trump wins the presidency

Entertainment

Can’t Swim’s ‘Fail You Again’ whips energy dynamic on pop rock tightrope

Entertainment

‘John Wick: Chapter 2’ plays its strengths

Entertainment

Logan is the best superhero movie since ‘The Dark Knight’

Entertainment

The splendid spontaneity of my spring break

Entertainment

UMass rapper NliteN to open at ‘Mullins Live!’

Entertainment

‘The Bachelor’ ruins a crucial moment in the show’s history

Entertainment

Movie Droogs Podcast: ‘Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind’

Entertainment

Listen to Friday’s hip-hop releases

‘What’s Eating Katie?’ personifies eating disorder

Entertainment

‘Blade Runner’: A revisit before 2049