First-year students, new transfer students for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021, those enrolled in face-to-face classes and students that depend on the university for housing and food are officially invited to live on campus for the spring semester. This will increase the number of students on campus to 60 percent of normal campus capacity according to an email from Chancellor Kumble R. Subbaswammy.
This announcement was originally posted online in a Spring ’21 FAQ on the morning of Oct. 23. It was then taken down about an hour afterward. International students and out of state students will have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival, and international students do not need any special documentation entering the U.S.
About 80% of dorms will be single-person occupancy with the other 20% of rooms being with a roommate. Along with this, no guests are allowed in residence halls. Lounges and common areas are open as long as it is safe, with strict social distancing. Currently, the move-in dates are scheduled from January 25-30, with the start of the semester beginning on February 1.
Students can enjoy the #1 dining experience with six people in total at a table and all tables in the dining halls will be six feet apart. If a student contracts COVID-19 and has to isolate, they will have their meals delivered to them by UMass Dining. Tuition and fees will stay the same for people living on or off-campus.
To find out more click here.
If you have any questions, contact Ethan at [email protected]