Not Ready for Bedtime Players to host: SEXpo

Their slogan, “Laugh, learn, explore sexual health resources, and have your voice heard” will be ever present at their SEXpo.

A couple of Players, one in a condom costume. The Players ride around campus occasionally in the golf cart to give out condoms and spread the word about sexual health and NRPB. Image from their Facebook.

On Friday, Oct. 29th at 6:30 p.m., the Not Ready for Bedtime Players (NRBP) will be hosting a SEXpo in the Campus Center Auditorium.

NRBP is a comedy troop with a mission: make people laugh while also teaching them valuable topics about sexual education. In their free performances, they talk about necessary topics that usually aren’t taught in school, but are “designed to help the student community make informed, empowered decisions about their sexuality and relationships,” according to their press release.

At the SEXpo, NRBP will be hosting a raffle where winners can receive prizes, such as a Captain Condom t-shirt and sex toys.

There will also be other resources for students regarding sexual health and education, such as testing from the University Health Services and sexual violence prevention with the Center and Women for their Community.

There will also be a keynote guest speaker. Nora Gallo is the co-executive director of the Every Voice Coalition and “has been working to end sexual violence on college campuses across the nation with a focus on trauma-informed policy advocacy,” says the press release.

And to top the night off, NRBP will be performing live for the first time since March 2020 and they are so excited to do so.

For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Tommy Claire, a Health Promotion Specialist at the UMass Amherst Center for Health Promotion at [email protected].